Caring for our seniors is another core service we provide at Continuum. Our family physicians care for our seniors in a variety of locations; at Continuum, in their homes and in residential care facilities. The natural process of aging can be challenging for our bodies. The goal of our medical team at Continuum is to keep our seniors physically, cognitively and psychologically healthy, maintaining their independence and enjoyment of life.
Our family physicians are supported in doing this with the help of specialist geriatricians, allied health care providers (dieticians, psychologists, exercise specialists etc) in the community, public and private home care services and the Continuum Home Health Care Program.
Utilizing Continuum’s award winning deployment of an advanced Electronic Medical Record System, our family physicians provide the following core services for our senior patients:
- Dedicated personal physician to coordinate all of your care needs
- Annual comprehensive health assessments or Complete Physical Examinations
- Comprehensive health planning
- Psychological / Psychiatric screening, diagnosis, treatment and support
- Dementia screening and support
- Skin disease monitoring through our dermatology clinic
- Leading edge preventative medicine including evidence based advice on options, benefits and risks of screening and diagnostics
- In house diagnostics in addition to diagnostics in the broader community
- Discussion re all screening and treatment options – both public and private
- Chronic disease monitoring, utilizing advanced electronic medical record technology.
- Automated medical recalls, reminders and notifications for laboratory and other results utilizing advanced electronic medical record technology.
- Multi specialty collaborative care both utilizing our on site specialists and those in the broader medical community.
- Multi disciplinary programs for Chronic Disease Management
- Recalls and reminders for specific examinations and testing utilizing our advanced electronic medical records system.
- Home care assessment / occupational health / rehabilitation assessment
- Residential Care visitation / Home care visits where appropriate
- Coordinated geriatric specialty care
- Bowel and urinary incontinence issues
- Full Service Cardiology care utilizing in house advanced diagnostics in our Cardiac Referral Clinic.